The Marble Mountains is a group of 5 mountains (Hills) made up of marble and limestone located between Da Nang and Hoi An. The mountains are known as the Five Element Mountains named: Metal (Kim), Water (Thuy), Wood (Moc), Fire (Hoa) and Earth (Tho). Many of the caves within the mountain have been decorated and utilised as temples and Buddhist sanctuaries for hundreds of years. The largest of the sanctuaries is the Ling Ong Pagoda and shrine located within a large cave on Thuy Son.
The Monkey Mountain , also known as Son Tra , which is home to the beautiful, marble statue of the Lady Buddha that can be seen from all along the Da Nang beach front. On this tour we will take you to look at this pagoda where local people regularly come to pray. Here you can enjoy the serenity of this sacerd place as well ae the beautiful viewof the Da Nang coastline.
- Your tour guide and driver will be met at your hotel ( or meeting poin at Laughing Roo Office) at 0800h - and driven by private air conditioned car to the Da Nang.
- 9:30 am - 11:30 am .Here you will discover the beauty of Marble Mountanis with many cacves, Buddist and then visit the traditional marble carving village.
- You will then travel to Marble Mountain which is approximately 9km south of Da Nang. Marble Mountain actually consists of a group of 5 separate mountains known as the Element Mountains named Metal, Wood, Water, Fire and Earth.
- Thuy Son or Water Mountain is the largest and most beautiful of the mountains. Several Buddhist temples have been built into the caves and grottoes, and it's a popular pilgrimage site.
- After exploring the many caves and pagoda’s, climb to the summit to enjoy the panoramic views of Da Nang and Da Nang Beach The views from the top present many good photographic opportunities. Then descend to Non Nuoc village at the base of the mountain where very skillful local sculptures create a wide range of marble products which are exported all over the world.
- 11:30 am - 12: 30 pm . Leaving Marble Mountanis for Monkey Mountain.
During your time for at Monkey Mountan you will learn about it's history.
There will also be plenty of time for photos.
. 12:30 pm - 13:30 pm . Leaving Monkey Mountain for lunch.
You will enjoy lunch in the home of local family.
. 14:00 pm . Coming back Da Nang or Hoi An
- Bottled water
- Mini Van
- English speaking tour guide.
- All entrance, permission and visiting fees
Tour excluding :