Your tour will help you understand more about the daily life of the local fishermen and give you an opportunity to learn how to fish with traditional techniques. You will be shown how to use a cast net and get to ride in a round basket boat through the Coconut water of Cam Thanh. The tour is designed to provide you with a unique cultural look into the Vietnamese way of life.
0830h – Our driver will meet you at your hotel ( or meeting poin at Laughing Roo Office) and take you to the boat terminal where you will board a covered boat for a scenic cruise to a local fishing village on the Thu Bon River.
On the river you see many photo opportunities and watching the locals working and fishing on the river using mainly traditional methods and equipment.
Arriving to the fishing village, your guide will explain more to you about the locals way of life and you may have the opportunity to speak with some of the locals, who will be more than happy to answer any questions you may have.
Next it is time for some fun. You will join with some locals and be shown how to row one of the traditional basket boats and how to throw a cast net. Then it is time to try rowing the boat and throwing the net for yourself. It will be difficult at first but you will quickly learn how to do both tasks while laughing and competing with each other.
You will also row your boats into the palms growing in the river and learn some of the history surrounding the “coconut water” area and how it was used as a hiding place during the war.
1200h – A set menu lunch will be served in a clean local restaurant near the river before you are taken back to your hotel.
Safety is very important, all the people helping you are good swimmers and life jackets will be available for you to wear.
13.00h : Back to your hotel
Tour Includes :
English speaking tour guide, hotel pick-up and drop off, set menu lunch, boat trip and fishing activities.
Tour includes: English speaking guide, pick up and lunch if on the morning tour.
- All prices are per person in US $ based on double occupancy.
- Surcharges and / or compulsory gala dinners are applicable between December 23rd and January 2nd and also during the Lunar New Year period.
- Prices subject to change without notice.
- Should you have any special dietary requirements (vegetarian vegan or food allergy) please advise us in advance.
- Meals provided are included in the itinerary.
- Breakfast will be served in your hotel and will include Vietnamese and Western dishes.
- Lunches are arranged at Vietnamese restaurants in scenic areas. Your tour guides are happy to assist with your selection.